The Abbotsford Curling Center is seeking an experienced Manager for the 2015-16 season. This is a part-time position from May to August and full-time from September to April. Abbotsford is a 6 sheet facility with a fully operational lounge and approximately 350 members with room to grow. The center is currently growing rapidly in the novice category and would like to see this area, as well as other programs, grow to maximum potential.
The ideal candidate would have knowledge of non-profit, member organizations with a background in curling and in Marketing as an asset. An understanding of Simply Accounting and other online systems is required.
Supervise the bar staff as well as the ice-making staff, assist in coordinating volunteers, conduct and maintain the business affairs of the Abbotsford Curling Centre, including the Pro-shop and interact with members/guests including:
- Marketing and Communication: Maintain an active membership database; interact with members and guests to answer questions in an effective and timely manner. Promote curling and the use of the building to the community.
- Event Management: Plan curling and other non-curling events to be held at the club. Assist the Bonspiel coordinators with draw development and planning. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the club operations, including liquor and food services and rentals.
- Finance and Administration: Knowledge of Simply Accounting and some basic bookkeeping skills are required. Processing of all sales, curling fees, payment of invoices, tracking of receivables, applying for grants and licenses required.
- Staff Management: Schedule and train lounge staff as well as any volunteers placed in key areas.
- Liaise with the Head Ice Technician to ensure proper maintenance and effective use of the ice area. Seek consultation from other ice technicians as needed.
- Report regularly to the President and the Board of Directors as well as the membership
- Facility Maintenance: Establish procedures for building maintenance and cleaning. Order consumables as required for the entire facility to ensure proper lounge operation and to ensure cleanliness standards are upheld
- Remuneration and will be based on resume and experience.
Closing date: Tuesday March 9. 2015 @ 12:00 pm
Contact Mike Bidal, Club President: email@example.com